Wednesday 5 July 2017

Altered Vintage bag

Hello everyone thank you so much for popping in. Today I'm sharing an altered bag I created for a swap I'm in on Facebook. I love these little challenges as when struggling with what to do, they really help me to focus. As soon as I heard the theme my mind went overboard. I wanted to create a vintage bag using patterned paper but wanted to create the pattern too. 



The bag started life white, but with a layer of Tea Stain Distress Ink - Ranger it became this colour. It was more yellow than I wanted but
Was stuck with it, so carried on.


I used the same colour on my first layer and once dry stamped the tiny flower from Beautiful You - Rubber Dance and the rose bud from
Blossoming Rose - Rubber Dance. I coloured both with Inktense Pencils - Derwent. 


The next layer was a doily on top of which I stuck another card layer, decorated with the larger bud from the rose set. I also used Vintage script also from Rubber Dance. More doily and then the final layer of a single rose. 


To finish I added some lace and string and then tied a tag to the handle, added some pearls and it was finished
All the stamps used are designed by me for Rubber Dance (except Vintage Script) and soon you will be able to purchase them from 


Take care everyone 
Hugsxxx 


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love it Deborah! Looks very Olde Tea Shoppe......vintage style. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful bag, love the stamps (well done!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning work, Debs dear!! Love it! The patterned paper you have made yourself is gorgeous!! It looks store bought, and I mean that as a big compliment :-)
    Thank you for using the stamps you have designed for us on your beautiful bag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brillian work Debs! I love the shabby vintage look. Simply gorgeous! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layers, Debs - and your stamps work so well for the vintage look. Those patterned papers you've created look fantastic!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig