Monday 29 August 2016

Heart

Good morning to all of you, and Happy Monday! I know some of you will probably be getting ready for work as you don't get today off, but hopefully the day moves swiftly for you so you can get home and rest. I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't work bank holidays so today I'm off to the Craft and Design show at Hyde Hall.  Before I go, I wanted to share this heart I made to enter the Paper Artsy Challenge whoes theme is Beads Charms and Dangles. I thought this was an excellent challenge and as I need more jewellery it's easy a perfect challenge.  
  I created the heart and bead out of Paper Clay. Once I got my shape of the heart I pressed a cog stencil into the soft clay which gave a good impression. I then left them to dry for a few days.    Once completely dry I sanded the heart down to smooth it off and then painted it with Finnabair Alchemy Mettalic paint in several colours. I did the same for the bead! I wrapped the heart in soft wire including a few glass beads and secured at the back. I assembelled the necklace and hung it on some ribbon and string mixed together.    Here's some pics
The challenge runs for another week so you have plenty of time to enter.
 
I'll see you all soon
Take care as always
Hugs xxx
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Love the heart necklace, great medium to use and lightweight to wear. Enjoy your visit to Hyde Hall X

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful Debs. Have a great time today

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Debs, love the colours and the wrapped wire and beads looks great xx Have a great time at Hyde Hall, hope you take some pickies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is glorious, I've never thought of using s stencil on clay! Lovely to make something so beautiful you can wear,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This popped up on my blogger feed Debz and I had to come take a closer look. It's fabulous! I hadn't thought of using my stencils on clay so thanks for that hun - as soon as I get a new pack I know what I'll be doing with it. The colours you used are just gorgeous too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wrapped wire and beads around your heart, the colours you have chosen are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this stunning piece Debz! Fab job. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the colour, the design and beauty of this really captures my heart. Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig