Thursday 3 May 2018

It’s been a while but I’m back

Hello everyone, I’ve been missing for a while from blog land due to a recent family bereavement. I’m sure you can imagine the impact of this on our family and will forgive my absence. It’s taken a while for me to get back into creating but I’m getting there.
So here is a journal page I created in my all new studio (you may remember I’ve just moved) which I’m learning to love. It’s still not completely sorted as I keep moving things around, which I guess I will do until I have everything where it feels right for it to be. I do love the afternoon sun though that floods in the big window and onto my desk. Yes my desk has moved, but it now feels right.

Here it is

So I started with lots of collage papers randomly stuck on the page with Modge Podge



I then used acrylic paint to knock back the paper and provide a tooth for the Distress Crayon and Scribble Sticks I used to add colour and visual texture


While in Yorkshire recently in a garden centre I picked up a pad of designer paper 
from Crafter’s Companion which had these lovely butterflies. So I cut them out and stuck them on as my focal point.


For more interest I added washi tape from Tim Holtz - Ranger and the sentiment is stickers from Marta Łapkowska- 13@rts


A close up





A simple journal page with lots of visual texture, I hope you like it

Hugsxx 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig