Tuesday 1 March 2016

New Challenge and a birthday celebration

Hello my crafty friends, today is the Launch of a New challenge at Country view Crafts and I got to choose the theme which is 'Industrial'. This month also sees us celebrating our 2nd birthday. How fabulous is that!

Please visit the blog to see all the wonderful creations the team came up with to inspire you, they are really pushing the boat out this month. Check the rules before you enter to make sure you qualify and you could win a £20 voucher to spend in the shop.

 

My first piece this month is a Tag full of grease and oil to keep the mechanics working. I love creating vintages pieces especially with a grungy feel. I hope you like this piece.

I had so much fun creating this piece. There are lots of photos, so grab a cup of tea, kick back the shoes and I'll talk you through stages.



I found some images to use on the background from a note pad from Prima, tore them out and placed them where I wanted them on the tag. I wanted to make a flower from metal and chose tin sheets as they are easily cut with scissors. Cut the petals out and punched some holes here and there. I also punched a hole in each one at the bottom so that I could secure them together. The holes on the petals I added brads to look like rivets.

As you can see above, I used an old clock face for the centre of the flower.

And here it is after I had aged it using several inks pastes and paint.

I set the flower to one side and finished the tag. I added stamping from plate ID04 from Paper Artsy. Some cogs from my stash. I also add some embellishments some I made from clay and others from my stash.

All the elements were 'treated' to age them, and make them look grungy. I used a combination of paints patinas alcohol inks and textured sand.

In the photo above you can just see some tiny roses I made from polymer clay.

I added treasure gold all over to give glimpses of what it originally look like

In its former glory and finished with some rusty wire to hang the tag.

And a last look


Thank you for stopping by, if you have any questions please leave them in the comments and I will answer as soon as I can. Take care as always and I'll see you soon. Hugs

Debs xx

 

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love your tag,fab texture.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grungy look and the metallic, mechanical pieces - great job Debs.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debs - your INDUSTRIAL FLOWER is GORGEOUS.... I'm awed. This is a wonderful creation. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Debs this is amazing, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig