Saturday 18 July 2015

Chronos or Kairos

Or just old Father Time ...

Hello lovelies, yes another one from me, but this time I'm entering The Paper Artsy Challenge whose theme is Time.  What a fabulous idea! It so open to interpretation. I'm also linking it to lovely Kim Dellows Art it Friday.

I had some idea what I wanted, I'd picked my stamps which was a flower stamp from PA Hot Picks 1008 and I wanted to use this on their metal card and then cut it out. Other than that when I started I had no idea. Well actually when I started I was just playing with an idea. 

I took a Gray/white board and brayered on some Little Black Dress


I adored how this looked but experimented further by adding Blue Glass 


I then sprayed it with Lyndy's Stamp Gang buccaneer Blue. I loved the gold glimmer it gave my board.


Now it was time for coffee and to look at my board to decide where to go next. If you go back a couple of photos you may be able to see the shape of an eye, well I did. 

I used a Fude pen to form a face from what I could see.



I could see it was a man and with time on my mind he became Father Time.



I added some stencilling in Blue Glass and once dry  used the PA stamp on the board as well as on the metal board. I formed a flower  to offset the sinister look of FT.






I hope you like this as much as I do. It was such fun to make.
 Bye for now hugs Debs xx



SHARE:

19 comments

  1. How perfect that Father Time showed you his face. Every time I look in the mirror these days... I see Father Time... HaHal.

    Love the process and patience it takes to do you kind of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wanda. I see FT in the mirror too lol xx

      Delete
  2. Love the brayered background and yes, I saw the eyes too... Great piece, Debs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work and surrealism art Deborah. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my fav kind of art - donno why but it totally thrills me to find something in my background and bring it to life. I absolutely am THRILLED by your face Debs. Your creation is FABULOUSLY WONDERFUL. For sure, you have inspired me. Thanks bunches! j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful! I love all of the layers and the blues are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulously textured creation Debs and love those moody blues.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love how that brayering looked even before you added the marvellous Father Time face. I love your art! You always surprise and delight. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very atmospheric piece Debs, I love your style of creating, very organic....the best way to be in my humble opinion :)
    Biggest hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Debs, fabulous background and seeing the eyes of your Father Time and using that as your inspiration was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! I love the man that just appeared in your brayering.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading about your creative process, and Father time is looking very moody and mysterious. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too, loved your brayered effect Deborah! This unique, stimulating and interesting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, Debs!!! You are a real artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - there's a fabulous mysterious depth to this - love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful. Love the backround.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh fab Debs, I love all the texture and then Father Time sneaking through. Thanks for linking up to Show Your Face and for the lovely shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig