Saturday 26 July 2014

She's here

Afternoon friends and followers my granddaughter arrived safely at 11:12 last night, stubbornly refusing to be born since Wednesday lol. 

So I can finally show the card I had made to congratulate them. I have always loved Klimt and so this card is heavily influenced by his mother and child. 


I drew the base influenced by this picture and added dad. 

I started to build up my shading
I realised my proportions were wrong for the hand and no matter how hard I could not get it right so tucked it in a picket lol 






I used prismsa colour pencil to colour my drawing. I heat embossed around the family with a variety of colours to represent the gold and patterns from the original. This was mounted onto some pretty paper which had been distressed. 

And the finished card



Thank you for your visit 

Debs xxx

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Wow Deborah, what a stunning card for a very special new person! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, it looks fantastic, well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations again Lovely, i had an idea something happened late Friday/early Sat morning as you were on my mind a lot...
    A stunning card for a suitably stunning occasion. I enjoy Klimt, think you have done yourself proud with your interpretation of his work.

    Enjoy this precious time making memories and getting lots of cuddles. Adore your Grandaughters name :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Debs & congratulations x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig