Saturday 5 July 2014

It's a birthday thing

Morning and welcome to my crafty playground. Today I'm bringing you a card I made for my lovely daughter who is 35 today.  She has a very unique style somewhere between 'Goth' 'Biker' and lace and pretty. Therefore I tried to add some of this influence to her card.

I started by adding a torn and tattered piece of card from ' Correspondence ' by craftwork cards to a piece of craft card. I added lace and pearls to the torn edges. I was inspired by Deborah Hughes in DoCrafts creativity by her little bag for this and the colours. 


Using a piece of folded craft card I stamped lines in Archival ink (Potting Soil) as well as some splatters. 


To this I added flowers which had been distressed with Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a pearl added to their centre. I included a butterfly in craft card.

I added some string  using a technique I saw here. I loved this simple style and was influenced to use flowers by this video.


All put together the finished card 




She tells me she loves it lol - hope she does. 

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day and hope to see you later. 

Debs xxx


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Can see why she loves it, a very thoughtfully made card for your lovely Daughter. Hope she has a fabulous day:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made with love Deborah and it shows. Love all the layers. Lots to look at and all blending in harmony. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet she did love it too Debs! It's really lovely with beautiful elements and colours.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card and I bet she loved it! Really like how you arranged the flowers and butterfly over that gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Deb's this looks fantastic, love how it all come together, the layout and addition of those lines in the background just finishes it off perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig