Sunday 1 December 2013

Vintage challenge

I've decided I quite like challenges so I am entering this card into challenges at my creative corner, artistic stamper and the ribbon girl.

So to the card


I distressed the piece of card using dried marigold and then tore the card round the edges and distressed again using aged mahogany. I loved the colours these two together made. 


I stamped some music script and then added some lace. I then attached some gold cord around red pearlised card.



Next I die cut a bauble and stamp with script. I then embossed the bauble and added some treasure gold  around the edge. I wanted to created a cracked glass effect and so added several layers of clear embossing until it was quite thick. Once it had set firm I bent the bauble to crack the embossing enamel. If you look closely at the bauble you can just make out the cracks.

I then added a sentiment.




Thank you for looking and I'd love to read your comments xx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great warm xmas colours, fab bauble love the crackle it is wonderful.

    Fantastic card:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cracked effect and treasure gold strikes again. It's a lovely balanced piece. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear I must be tired deleted your message instead of relying xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig