Wednesday 27 November 2013

Simple birthday card

A colleague of mine has a birthday in a few days time, so I thought I'd make her a card. I know she doesn't like cards to be too fussy or pretty so thought I would keep it simple.

I started with Centura Pearl and and some dark pink card


I embossed the pearl card with a butterfly embossing folder from Sizzix.



I then used distress ink in Peacock lightly over the butterflies and used chipped sapphire around the edges. I kept it light. I also added a ribbon.




Next I added a bow and brad and assembled the card. I added another butterfly and a stamped a sentiment. Lastly I added some liquid pearls.





I'm sorry the photos aren't very good - I lost the light and so used artificial light which has dulled the colours slightly.

Thank you for looking. Please leave a comment. X


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Absolutely love this - it's so elegant and subtle... the shimmer on the embossing in the corner is wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colleague will love her card! Very elegant & love the subtle colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig